Event trends for 2016: digital all the way?
Aspects such as content marketing, digitization and networking became permanent fixtures of event planning in 2015. But which of these trends will see further advances in 2016? And are there any trends likely to make a comeback this year? Here’s a glimpse of the event trends for 2016:
- Content will remain important in 2016, complemented by interaction. Along with conveying valuable content, events also have to get participants actively involved. This is a great way to strengthen their loyalty to your brand.
- Creating emotional relationships deserves its own place on this list. In order to leave a lasting impression on participants, you have to appeal to their emotions. In advance of your event, try to put yourself in their shoes to discover which event items you should integrate.
- Event-Apps: Apps not only help you to keep control of your budget but also facilitate event organization and management. They let you update the agenda on short notice, saving costs and also paper – a more eco-friendly approach.
- Events in 2016 will be able to increase participants’ satisfaction with their event experience using beacons. These small transmitters make it possible, for example, to integrate apps that work like a navigation system for the event location, especially ideal for trade shows.
- Events not only have to be attractive – they also have to provide measurable benefits: the event ROI. How this is measured can vary depending on the goals that have been set – from number of participants to event reactions to revenue from ticket sales.
Each of the above trends of course varies in importance depending on the type of event, industry and target audience. Our event experts can help you to identify relevant factors and developments for your own event and to take them into account in planning and implementation.
Just contact us:
CWT Meetings & Events
Tel.: +49 (0) 69 15321 1031