Current local news affecting today's business traveler
If you have to travel frequently for work, you will have come across this problem: access to healthy food and physical activity tends to be limited on business trips. Moreover, a lot of people find it difficult to switch off and relax when travelling. As a result, travellers end up feeling more and more stressed. Not only is this extremely detrimental to health, as a new international study shows, it also has a negative impact on the success of the business trip – this is what the CWT Travel Stress Index has found.
The German Travel Industry Association Deutsche ReiseVerband (DRV) conducted a study into which factors lead to increased levels of stress on a business trip, and has released the following helpful tips to help travellers de-stress during their trip:
1. Activity makes a difference: on business trips it can be difficult to get enough exercise. But even walking or hiring a bicycle for a short distance can help to clear your head.
2. Leave your smartphone in your pocket: on business trips, your regular business correspondence should wait. Networking at your destination, such as having dinner with your business partners, has to take priority. Avoid the stress of a double workload.
3. Play sports: even if it takes a bit of effort – exchange an evening in the bar for an exercise session in the gym or go for a jog. That way, you’ll be fit to take on the work scheduled for the next day.
4. Ask travel experts for information: even if the nearest fast food chain restaurant is just around the corner – prioritize a healthy meal in a restaurant! Travel experts can provide you with detailed information about your destination before you go to help you know all the options in advance.
5. Book with a travel agency: when making your booking, a travel agent can calculate the routes with the shortest distances and make sure you have enough time to change flights or trains – and stay at a hotel located in the ideal position.
More information is available online at DRV.